We make it easy to discover, analyze, and manage SSL
Robust Range of SSL Assurance Levels
& Configuration Options
GlobalSign offers a range of SSL options ensuring your public servers and sites are
in line with industry best practices but also offers cost effective-options for internal
servers and special use cases.
- 2048 bit Organization Validated (OV, Extended Validation (EV), Wildcard,
and Multi-domain certificates, with options to add up to 100 SANs
- SHA-256 certificates and EV SSL support for Certificate Transparency
(CT) ensures the best browser UI experience
- Private hierarchies, internal, or special use case certificates can include
internal server names, long validity periods, and more flexible contents
- Secure mobile and other devices with limited storage, bandwidth, and
computation power with ECC certificates
View All Certificates
Simplified Certificate and User Management
GlobalSign’s cloud-based certificate management platform offers unique features and
functionality that give you complete control of your certificate needs from one
- Revoke, renew, reissue, or cancel certificates with the click of a button
- Robust API integration to automate certificate lifecycles into your existing
- Active Directory integration for automated provisioning in Windows
- Granular user permissions/delegated administration to define user roles and
privileges within your enterprise
- Support for multiple business entities and departments under one umbrella
Lower Total Cost of Ownership for SSL
GlobalSign’s Managed SSL platform significantly lowers the Total Cost of Ownership for SSL by reducing the man hours needed to manage certificates and offering volume discounts and flexible business terms.
- Significant volume discounts over purchasing individual certificates
- Flexible business terms accommodate organizations of all sizes. Choose to pay as you go, or deposit account funds, eliminating the need to purchase and track tokens or "packs"
- Flexible certificate licensing options which enables fixed annual payments to secure all of your websites
- Accommodate a changing server inventory with the SAN licensing option, which allows up to a specified number of active unique SANs across the certificate inventory, enabling customers to provide trial or short term certificate without impacting the bottom line
Discover and Track All SSL
GlobalSign’s Certificate Inventory Tool (CIT) locates all of your SSL
Certificates, and saves valuable time and resources over manual monitoring.
- Find, monitor, and analyze all internal and public SSL Certificates from
one location, regardless of issuing CA, including self-signed
- Avoid unexpected expiration with email reminders to renew
- Respond quickly to global threats like Heartbleed
- Keep up with best practices and industry compliance with the visibility
into key length, hashing algorithm, and other certificate data
Learn more about Certificate Inventory Tool
Define and Enforce SSL Policies
Using outdated cryptography or weak key sizes can leave your company vulnerable.
Ensure all your SSL Certificates comply with enterprise policy and that only appropriate
individuals have access to certificate resources
- Control who can issue certificates, what kinds of certificates they can issue,
and to which domains they can issue
- Centralize and monitor certificate activity for multiple business entities,
departments, and roles under one account
- Detect and remediate certificates that do not comply with enterprise
policies on certificate configuration
SSL Certificates & Features
GlobalSign offers a range of SSL options ensuring your public servers and sites are in line with industry best practices, but also offers cost effective-options for internal servers and special use cases. All domains are pre-vetted so certificates are immediately issued and available for installation.
- SHA-256 hashing algorithm
- RSA 2048+ or ECC 256, 384 bit keys supported
- Free unlimited reissues
- Unlimited server license
- Underwritten warranties
- Multi-domain certificates - Add up to 100 Subject Alternative Names (SANs) on one certificate
- Phone, Email, and Live Chat Support
- Free Certificate Inventory Tool
- Compatible with all major browsers and mobile devices (not IntranetSSL)
- Certificate covers www.yourdomain.com and .yourdomain.com automatically
- Secure site seal (not IntranetSSL)
SSL Certificate types:
Extended Validation SSL lends more credibility to your
site and increases visitor trust by displaying prominent
security indicators, such as turning the browser address
bar green and displaying your organization’s name.
- Displays the green address bar, promotes trust, and boosts customer confidence
- Supports Certificate Transparency to enable green address bar in Chrome
- $1.5 million underwritten warranty
Organization Validated (OV) SSL Certificates are the
core of GlobalSign's Managed SSL platform and are
used to secure and authenticate both public-face
and internal sites and servers.
- Wildcard option secures unlimited subdomains for one or more domains on one certificate (e.g., *.yourdomain.com, *.mydomain.com, etc.)
- Wildcard SANs options allow Wildcard options within multiple SANs within a certificate
- $1.25 million underwritten warranty
IntranetSSL provides a cost-effective solution for securing
internal servers and applications. Since the certificates are
issued using GlobalSign's non-public CAs, the certificates can
be configured in ways that are not permitted under public
hierarchies which must comply with the CA/Browser Forum
- Eliminates the need to run your own CA or use self-signed certificates for special use cases
- Issue SSL with internal server names, long validity periods (up to 6 years), and more flexible contents over publically trusted certificates
- Wildcard option secures unlimited subdomains on one certificate (e.g., *.yourdomain.com)
- Can select from SHA-1, SHA-256, and ECDSA hierarchies and hashing algorithms
Is there a fee for using the management platform?
No, GlobalSign’s management platform does not include hosting or setup fees. It also offers significant volume discounts over purchasing individual certificates.
Can I include multiple companies or departments under one account?
Yes, multiple business entities and departments can be managed under one umbrella account. Granular user permissions and delegated administration allow you to define user roles and privileges within your enterprise.
Is there a solution for the recent CA/Browser Forum ban on issuing public certificates to internal server names and reserved IP Addresses?
Yes, GlobalSign’s IntranetSSL Certificates are issued from non-public CAs and can therefore contain internal server names and reserved IPs.
Does GlobalSign issue ECC certificates?
Yes, GlobalSign offers ECC as an option for all SSL Certificates.
Does GlobalSign offer a way to discover and monitor SSL Certificates?
Yes, the free Certificate Inventory Tool locates all SSL certificates on your internal and private networks, regardless of issuing CA. The resulting inventory is available in an easy-to-use online portal, where you can run reports on usage, upcoming renewals, configurations, and issuing CA.