In many respects, mobile devices are no different than remote PCs when it comes to requiring strong authentication to securely authenticate users to enterprise networks, such as WiFi and VPNs. Certificate-based authentication via GlobalSign’s Managed PKI platform provides an easy and cost efficient solution that allows organizations to balance employee desires to access email and corporate data on the go, and the need to protect unauthorized access to key business applications.
Enhance Mobile Security with PKI
PKI is a known and trusted security technology that organizations have been using for decades to authenticate users, machines, and servers within their organizations. Expanding PKI to devices creates an easy to implement and cost effective identity management solution for devices.
Digital Certificates can be used on mobile devices for:
Email Encryption and Signing
Encrypt and digitally sign email communications sent via devices, ensuring privacy of sensitive information and proof of authorship/message origin.
Enable email authentication for 24 x 7 email access without leaving email accounts vulnerable to intruders. Only authorized devices will be able to access your corporate email servers.
VPN and Wi-Fi Authentication
Replace weak and vulnerable username and passwords with multi-factor authentication for corporate Wi-Fi and VPN connections, only approved devices will be able to access your enterprise connections.
Benefits of utilizing Digital Certificates for Mobile Authentication
- Only verified users are granted access to corporate resources
- Set up does not require extensive IT support
- Set up is non-intrusive and easy for the end user
- Quick and cost-effective to implement
- Certificates easily managed in GlobalSign's Managed platform - issue, renew, and revoke from one portal
- Integration is available with today's popular MDM/EMM platforms including Microsoft Intune, AirWatch and MobileIron Cloud or Core
- Enables employees to BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) or use Corporate-owned devices to securely access company applications