SSL Certificate Types
Extended Validation SSL lends more credibility to your site and increases visitor trust by displaying prominent security indicators, such as turning the browser address bar green and displaying your organization’s name.
- Displays the green address bar, promotes trust, and boosts customer confidence
- Supports Certificate Transparency to enable green address bar in Chrome
- $1.5 million underwritten warranty
Organization Validated (OV) SSL Certificates are the core of GlobalSign's Managed SSL platform and are used to secure and authenticate both public-face and internal sites and servers.
- Wildcard option secures unlimited subdomains for one or more domains on one certificate (e.g., *.yourdomain.com, *.mydomain.com, etc.)
- Wildcard SANs options allow Wildcard options within multiple SANs within a certificate
- $1.25 million underwritten warranty
IntranetSSL provides a cost-effective solution for securing internal servers and applications. Since the certificates are issued using GlobalSign's non-public CAs, the certificates can be configured in ways that are not permitted under public hierarchies which must comply with the CA/Browser Forum Baseline Requirements
- Eliminates the need to run your own CA or use self-signed certificates for special use cases
- Issue SSL with internal server names, long validity periods (up to 6 years), and more flexible contents over publically trusted certificates
- Wildcard option secures unlimited subdomains on one certificate (e.g., *.yourdomain.com)
- Can select from SHA-1, SHA-256, and ECDSA hierarchies and hashing algorithms