Each device in an IoT ecosystem needs a unique device identity. It’s an integral part of IoT security. With a unique, strong device identity, things can authenticate when they come online and ensure secure and encrypted communication between other devices, services and users. Provisioning digital certificates for IoT devices, endpoints, components or chips provides the needed credentials to protect the entire IoT ecosystem from chip to cloud through authentication, authorization and encryption.
Every IoT device identity has a lifecycle.
Like IoT devices, IoT device identities have lifecycles all their own. Digital certificates are provisioned, or bound to device endpoints through GlobalSign’s IoT Identity Platform to create strong, unique device identities for all types of connected devices.
The Ideal Tool to Manage your IoT Device Identities.
The GlobalSign IoT Identity Platform enables IoT Device Identity Lifecycle Management no matter where or when the device is put into service. It:
- Encourages security by design best practices
- Provisions digital identities before, during or after IoT device deployment
- Accelerates automated provisioning (auto enrollment)
- Secures over the air (OTA) updates
- Facilitates renewals and ownership transfers
- Enables revocation services, end of life decommissioning or repurposing
- Provides certificate database reporting
- Delivers cloud-based functionality