Mozilla & Netscape Code Signing Certificates
Code Signing for Mozilla & Netscape
- Show that your Mozilla and Netscape are from a trusted developer. Digitally Sign Mozilla and Legacy Netscape Object Files
- Our Code Signing Certificates for Mozilla and Netscape Objects are used to digitally sign Mozilla XPI packages for Firefox and Thunderbird and files for Netscape Objects
- Signing code is beneficial to both you and the end user. You benefit by protecting your code from tampering and building your reputation as a developer, while your end users enjoy peace of mind knowing the application they are downloading is safe and comes from a verified source
- To sign applications to distribute through the app store, or to pass through Mac OS Gatekeeper, you must use an Apple Developer ID Certificate.
Why Sign Code?
Add an essential level of trust to the application installation process. The solution is simple – Sign your code!
When end users install Mozilla or Netscape software they are warned to only install add-ons from authors that they trust. When code is not signed, it is impossible for them to know the true source and if it is trustworthy.
Signed Mozilla and Netscape software shows the publisher name right on the install screen so end users can easily decide if they trust the source and continue with the install.
- Removes "Unknown Publisher" security warnings when code is downloaded
- Signature does not expire due to timestamping service, even after the certificate expires
- Choose the private key storage option that works best for you - a GlobalSign-provided cryptographic token, your own HSM, or Azure Key Vault
- Sign an unlimited number of apps
- Protect your brand and reputation
|Standard Code Signing Certificates||Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates|
|Information displayed in Certificate||Organization Name||Organization Name
Type of Organization
|Removes "unknown publisher" security warnings|
|Signature does not expire when Time Stamping is applied||Time stamping available & recommended||Time stamping available & recommended|
|Sign an unlimited number of applications|
|Compatible with major platforms (Authenticode, Office VBA, Java, Adobe AIR, Mac OS, Mozilla)|
|Key storage options||
Choice of storing keys on a token or HSM, not provided by GlobalSign.
Token options (choose “Token Implementation” at checkout):
HSM options (choose “HSM Implementation” at checkout):
By default, a cryptographic USB token is included with EV Code Signing Certificates.
If you’d prefer, EV Code Signing Certificates can be stored on an HSM* or Azure Key Vault (provided by customer). Please select the “HSM Implementation” option at checkout.
|Immediate reputation with Microsoft SmartScreen||No|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW Learn More|
*GlobalSign allows standard and EV Code Signing Certificates to be installed on customer HSMs or in Azure Key Vault. Contact us for more information about these deployment options.
^USB token not included in HSM or Key Vault deployments.