Java Code Signing Certificates
Code Signing for Java
- Digitally aign .jar files and Java apps
- Code Signing Certificates for Java are used to sign .jar files and Java applications for desktop and mobile devices and are recognized by Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Digitally signing your .jar files and Java applications protects your code against tampering and binds your identity to the code, assuring end users that the code originated with you and can be trusted
- Security warnings that typically appear when downloading unsigned code are removed
Why Sign Code?
Unsigned Java applications display warnings to the end user that the digital signature cannot be verified by a trusted source and advises they only continue with the install if they trust the origin of the application.
Scary security alerts are removed when the Java application is signed. End users can clearly see the publisher of the file and are informed that the digital signature has been verified by a trusted source.
- Removes "Unknown Publisher" security warnings when code is downloaded
- Signature does not expire due to timestamping service, even after the certificate expires
- Choose the private key storage option that works best for you - a GlobalSign-provided cryptographic token, your own HSM, or Azure Key Vault
- Sign an unlimited number of apps
- Protect your brand and reputation
|Standard Code Signing Certificates||Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates|
|Information displayed in Certificate||Organization Name||Organization Name
Type of Organization
|Removes "unknown publisher" security warnings|
|Signature does not expire when Time Stamping is applied||Time stamping available & recommended||Time stamping available & recommended|
|Sign an unlimited number of applications|
|Compatible with major platforms (Authenticode, Office VBA, Java, Adobe AIR, Mac OS, Mozilla)|
|Key storage options||
Choice of storing keys on a token or HSM, not provided by GlobalSign.
Token options (choose “Token Implementation” at checkout):
HSM options (choose “HSM Implementation” at checkout):
By default, a cryptographic USB token is included with EV Code Signing Certificates.
If you’d prefer, EV Code Signing Certificates can be stored on an HSM* or Azure Key Vault (provided by customer). Please select the “HSM Implementation” option at checkout.
|Immediate reputation with Microsoft SmartScreen||No|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW Learn More|
*GlobalSign allows standard and EV Code Signing Certificates to be installed on customer HSMs or in Azure Key Vault. Contact us for more information about these deployment options.
^USB token not included in HSM or Key Vault deployments.