Apple Mac OS Code Signing Certificates
Code Signing for Mac OS
- Show that your Apple Mac OS desktop applications and kernel software are from a trusted developer. Digitally Sign AIR Applications and Software
- Use our Apple Mac OS Code Signing Certificates to digitally sign software, applications, plug-ins, and content for Mac OS desktops. Code signing technology was introduced by Apple for Mac OS 9 onwards
- Certificates can be used with the following systems: Parental controls (MCX), Keychain Access Controls, Developer Tools Access (DTA), App Sandbox, and Application Firewall
- To sign applications to distribute through the app store, or to pass through Mac OS Gatekeeper, you must use an Apple Developer ID Certificate.
- Signature does not expire due to timestamping service, even after the certificate expires
- Certificate stored on USB token protects the private key and reduces the risk it will be stolen and compromised
- Sign an unlimited number of apps
- Protect your brand and reputation
|Standard Code Signing Certificates||Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates|
|Information displayed in Certificate||Organization Name||Organization Name
Type of Organization
|Removes "unknown publisher" security warnings|
|Signature does not expire when Time Stamping is applied||Time stamping available & recommended||Time stamping available & recommended|
|Sign an unlimited number of applications|
|Compatible with major platforms (Authenticode, Office VBA, Java, Adobe AIR, Mac OS, Mozilla)|
|Key storage options||
Choice of storing keys on a token or HSM, not provided by GlobalSign.
Token options (choose “Token Implementation” at checkout):
HSM options (choose “HSM Implementation” at checkout):
By default, a cryptographic USB token is included with EV Code Signing Certificates.
If you’d prefer, EV Code Signing Certificates can be stored on an HSM* or Azure Key Vault (provided by customer). Please select the “HSM Implementation” option at checkout.
|Immediate reputation with Microsoft SmartScreen||No|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW Learn More|
*GlobalSign allows standard and EV Code Signing Certificates to be installed on customer HSMs or in Azure Key Vault. Contact us for more information about these deployment options.
^USB token not included in HSM or Key Vault deployments.