Adobe AIR Code Signing Certificates
Code Signing for Adobe Air
- Show that your Apple Mac OS Desktop applications and kernel software are from a trusted developer. Digitally Sign AIR Applications and Software
- Our Code Signing Certificates for Adobe AIR are used to sign .air and .airi files. Adobe requires software vendors and developers to digitally sign all of their AIR applications in order for them to run successfully
- Signing .air applications authenticates your identity as a publisher or developer. Before users download your .air app, they will see that you are a verified source and that the content is safe
- By protecting against tampering and binding your identity to your code, you protect your reputation and intellectual property, as well as increase user trust and download rates.
Why Sign Code?
Add an essential level of trust to the application installation process. The solution is simple – Sign your code!
Unsigned Adobe AIR applications display worrying security alerts to end users, warning them that the publisher of the application is unknown and advising them to only install applications from sources that they trust.
Digitally signed Adobe AIR applications prominently display the name of the publisher on the install screen, alleviating the end user's concern over only downloading from trusted sources.
- Removes "Unknown Publisher" security warnings when code is downloaded
- Signature does not expire due to timestamping service, even after the certificate expires
- Choose the private key storage option that works best for you - a GlobalSign-provided cryptographic token, your own HSM, or Azure Key Vault
- Sign an unlimited number of apps
- Protect your brand and reputation
|Standard Code Signing Certificates||Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates|
|Information displayed in Certificate||Organization Name||Organization Name
Type of Organization
|Removes "unknown publisher" security warnings|
|Signature does not expire when Time Stamping is applied||Time stamping available & recommended||Time stamping available & recommended|
|Sign an unlimited number of applications|
|Compatible with major platforms (Authenticode, Office VBA, Java, Adobe AIR, Mac OS, Mozilla)|
|Key storage options||
You have a choice of storing keys on a token or HSM, not provided by GlobalSign.
Token options (choose “Token Implementation” at checkout):
HSM options (choose “HSM Implementation” at checkout):
By default, a cryptographic USB token is included with EV Code Signing Certificates.
If you’d prefer, EV Code Signing Certificates can be stored on an HSM* or Azure Key Vault (provided by customer). Please select the “HSM Implementation” option at checkout.
|Immediate reputation with Microsoft SmartScreen||No|
|Buy Now||Buy Now Learn More|
*GlobalSign allows standard and EV Code Signing Certificates to be installed on customer HSMs or in Azure Key Vault. Contact us for more information about these deployment options.
^USB token not included in HSM or Key Vault deployments.