We make it easy to discover, analyze, and manage SSL
Robust Range of SSL Assurance Levels
& Configuration Options
GlobalSign offers a range of SSL options ensuring your public servers and sites are
in line with industry best practices but also offers cost effective-options for internal
servers and special use cases.
- 2048 bit Organization Validated (OV, Extended Validation (EV), Wildcard,
and Multi-domain certificates, with options to add up to 100 SANs
- SHA-256 certificates and EV SSL support for Certificate Transparency
(CT) ensures the best browser UI experience
- Private hierarchies, internal, or special use case certificates can include
internal server names, long validity periods, and more flexible contents
- Secure mobile and other devices with limited storage, bandwidth, and
computation power with ECC certificates
View All Certificates
Simplified Certificate and User Management
GlobalSign’s cloud-based certificate management platform offers unique features and
functionality that give you complete control of your certificate needs from one
- Revoke, renew, reissue, or cancel certificates with the click of a button
- Robust API integration to automate certificate lifecycles into your existing
- Active Directory integration for automated provisioning in Windows
- Granular user permissions/delegated administration to define user roles and
privileges within your enterprise
- Support for multiple business entities and departments under one umbrella
Lower Total Cost of Ownership for SSL
GlobalSign’s Managed SSL platform significantly lowers the Total Cost of Ownership for SSL by reducing the man hours needed to manage certificates and offering volume discounts and flexible business terms.
- Significant volume discounts over purchasing individual certificates
- Flexible business terms accommodate organizations of all sizes. Choose to pay as you go, or deposit account funds, eliminating the need to purchase and track tokens or "packs"
- Flexible certificate licensing options which enables fixed annual payments to secure all of your websites
- Accommodate a changing server inventory with the SAN licensing option, which allows up to a specified number of active unique SANs across the certificate inventory, enabling customers to provide trial or short term certificate without impacting the bottom line
Discover and Track All SSL
GlobalSign’s Certificate Inventory Tool (CIT) locates all of your SSL
Certificates, and saves valuable time and resources over manual monitoring.
- Find, monitor, and analyze all internal and public SSL Certificates from
one location, regardless of issuing CA, including self-signed
- Avoid unexpected expiration with email reminders to renew
- Respond quickly to global threats like Heartbleed
- Keep up with best practices and industry compliance with the visibility
into key length, hashing algorithm, and other certificate data
Learn more about Certificate Inventory Tool
Define and Enforce SSL Policies
Using outdated cryptography or weak key sizes can leave your company vulnerable.
Ensure all your SSL Certificates comply with enterprise policy and that only appropriate
individuals have access to certificate resources
- Control who can issue certificates, what kinds of certificates they can issue,
and to which domains they can issue
- Centralize and monitor certificate activity for multiple business entities,
departments, and roles under one account
- Detect and remediate certificates that do not comply with enterprise
policies on certificate configuration
SSL Certificates & Features
DomainSSL offers you an economical and quick and easy to implement option for securing your website without having to sacrifice any of the value-add features that make GlobalSign SSL unique.
OrganizationSSL is an organization validated certificate that gives your website a step up in credibility over domain validated SSL Certificates. OrganizationSSL activates the browser padlock and https, shows your corporate identity, and assures your customers that you take security very seriously.
ExtendedSSL lends more credibility to your website compared to using an organization or domain validated SSL Certificate. In addition to displaying prominent security indicators, such as turning the browser address bar green and displaying your organization’s name, ExtendedSSL has a number of unique value-add features
A Wildcard SSL Certificate is issued to *.yourdomain.com, allowing the certificate to be used on an unlimited number of subdomains and across an unlimited number of servers. The one-time cost of the certificate covers you for additional subdomains or servers you may add in the future.
Multi-domain also referred commonly as SAN Certificates utilize Subject Alternative Names (SANs) to to secure up to 100 different domain names, subdomains, and public IP addresses using only one SSL Certificate and requiring only one IP to host the Certificate.
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization's details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol (over port 443) and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
Why do I need an SSL Certificate?
SSL Certificates are an essential part of the internet. They not only encrypt communication between your computer and the server where a website is located, but they also provide verification that a site is what it claims to be.
What are the different types of SSL?
There are generally 3 different levels of vetting that most all SSL Certificates are build on. Domain Validated (DV) , Organization Validated (OV), and Extended Validation (EV). The major difference in these certificates revolves around what information the Certificate Authority, GlobalSign, confirms in order to issue a certificate. Then different information is displayed in the certificate and browser bar. EV SSL for example turns the browser bar green and displays organization information right in the browser bar.