Using GlobalSign Digital Signatures for eIDAS Compliance
GlobalSign's range of signing solutions support advanced and qualified electronic signatures and sealsGet a Quote
Create Advanced and Qualified Electronic Signatures and Seals
eIDAS acknowledges that not all electronic signatures are created equal. Depending on the technology and validation behind the signature, some types of signatures are inherently more trustworthy than others and withstand higher legal scrutiny. To help facilitate interoperability and acceptance across borders, the regulation created a common framework for secure electronic signatures, including standardized assurance levels.
With GlobalSign's solutions, you can create advanced or qualified (the highest level) electronic signatures and seals. Signatures are in the name of individuals; seals are in the name of organizations or other corporate bodies.
Qualified Certificates for Electronic Signatures & Seals
As a qualified trust service provider (QTSP), GlobalSign is able to provide certificates for qualified electronic signatures and seals.
- Apply unlimited signatures and seals
- Qualified signatures creation device (QSCD) included
- GlobalSign is an AATL member so signatures and seals are automatically trusted by Adobe and other leading programs
Qualified electronic signatures and seals are available to individuals and organizations through GlobalSign’s token-based deployment. In keeping with eIDAS requirements, each signing identity, whether individual or corporate body, is verified and issued a qualified certificate stored on a qualified signature creation device (the token).
Buy Qualified Certificates for Electronic Signatures
Qualified electronic signatures are in the name of individuals and:
- Have the same legal effect as handwritten signatures
- Must be recognized and accepted across all member states of the EU.
Buy Qualified Certificates for Electronic Seals
Qualified electronic seals are in the name of organizations or other corporate bodies and:
- Presume the integrity and origin of the document
- Must be recognized and accepted across all member states.
Note: This offering is only available to organizations with a VAT number.
Advanced Electronic Signatures & Seals from GlobalSign
GlobalSign’s standard line of digital signature certificates and solutions meet the requirements for advanced electronic signatures and seals because they are:
- uniquely linked to the signatory;
- capable of identifying the signatory;
- created using electronic signature creation data that the signatory can, with a high level of confidence, use under his sole control;
- linked to the data signed therewith in such a way that any subsequent change in the data is detectable.
Advanced electronic signatures and seals are available to individuals and organizations through GlobalSign’s standard range of deployment options, including:
Individual or organization signing certificates on cryptographic USB tokens
Purchase tokens in bulk to lower costs and centralize certificate management
- Volume discounts
- Lifecycle & user management via Managed PKI platform
- Dedicated GlobalSign account manager
Digital Signing Service
Completely cloud-based service integrates directly with document workflows
- No hardware to manage
- Support high volume signing
- Use existing integrations (e.g., Adobe Sign) or build your own
Certificates on HSMs
Certificates are stored on on-premises or service provider (e.g., AWS hardware) HSMs
- Organization/ department identities only
- Requires PKI knowledge to configure integration
- Supports high volume signing
Get more information about eIDAS electronic signatures!
GlobalSign has been helping companies adopt digital signatures for over 10 years. We have the product knowledge and industry expertise to ensure you get the solution you need. Talk to us today!
By requesting a quote, a GlobalSign Product Specialist will contact you.
- GlobalSign is a Qualified Trust Service Provider
- Create qualified electronic signatures and seals
- Multiple deployment options for advanced electronic signatures and seals