The industrial market is currently undergoing a transformation using new technologies and improving the connectivity, output and device ecosystem. This has led to a booming growth of Industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies, with the number of connected devices within factories is predicted to increase to 1.2 billion by 2030. But as opportunities within industrial markets increase, so too will the security challenge.
In an industry in the process of a digitization and infrastructure revolution, why should security be a top consideration for industrial actors?
The short answer: Industrial IoT has become a very attractive target for cyber criminals.
In this white paper, we explore:
- What’s driving the industrial revolution
- The evolution in industrial network architecture
- The different security challenges facing the IIoT market
- The approaches to building an effective chain of trust
- How PKI and digital identities can serve a host of benefits to the industrial IoT market
Bottom line: If your IIoT device is not secure, the chances are your networks aren’t either.