BOSTON, MA – July 20, 2017 – GMO GlobalSign (www.globalsign.com), a global Certificate Authority and leading provider of identity and security solutions for the Internet of Everything (IoE), today announced it will present a webinar entitled “Symantec SSL Certificate Trust Deadline: Clearing the Confusion About Google’s Proposal to Distrust Symantec Certificates – What it Means and Preparations to Take”.
The webinar will provide critical details Symantec customers and partners must be aware of in light of Google’s proposed plan to begin distrusting Symantec SSL Certificates in Chrome on August 8, 2017. The GlobalSign webinar is scheduled for Thursday, July 27, 2017 at Noon EDT. Led by GlobalSign’s Vice President of Product Management, SSL Solutions, Doug Beattie, the discussion will focus on the decisions that must be made by all Symantec SSL certificate customers and partners in a very short span of time.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- Why Google is proposing to distrust Symantec, Thawte, RapidSSL and GeoTrust SSL Certificates
- Review a complete timeline of events
- How businesses, partners and resellers are affected
- What businesses need to know about keeping their web sites secure
- Tips for switching SSL certificate providers
- How to switch and save with GlobalSign’s SSL service offerings, including additional discounts and benefits for Symantec transfers
- Using GlobalSign’s Managed PKI platform with ACME protocol support to fully automate issuance and installation of OV and EV certificates
- Full Q & A where questions will be answered in a live forum by our technical experts
- Name: “Symantec SSL Certificate Trust Deadline: Clearing the Confusion About Google’s Proposal to Distrust Symantec Certificates – What it Means and Preparations to Take”
- Date: Thursday, July 27 at Noon ET
- Speaker: Doug Beattie, GlobalSign vice president, product management, SSL solutions
- Where: Attendees may register for the webinar by clicking here or using this link: https://www.globalsign.com/en/lp/proposed-distrusted-symantec-certs-webinar-july-2017/
In addition to the webinar, GlobalSign PKI and SSL Certificate experts are available now to answer technical questions via LiveChat, phone 1-877-775-4562 or email regarding your specific needs and concerns. Further details are available on GlobalSign’s blog, where numerous posts discuss everything from how a switch can be made in four easy steps to specific information regarding Symantec customers looking to change providers.
About GMO GlobalSign
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud-based service providers and IoT innovators around the world to conduct secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit https://www.globalsign.com
For further information on GlobalSign press releases,
events or for media enquires please contact:
Public Relations Manager