14 March 2017
GlobalSign Executives to Highlight IoT Security and Enterprise Certificate Management Solutions at Cloud Security Expo London
GlobalSign executives will speak on various security topics at Cloud Security Expo London
GlobalSign executives to highlight IoT security and enterprise certificate management solutions at Cloud Security Expo London
GMO GlobalSign (www.globalsign.com), a leading provider of identity and security solutions for the Internet of Everything (IoE), will be showcasing its IoT security solutions and its expanded certificate management platform at the Cloud Security Expo in London this week. Company executives will be speaking on the topics of IoT security for manufacturers, value-added cybersecurity for service providers and automated digital certificate management for mixed enterprise environments.
Enterprises rely on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to securely communicate and exchange data, but as the number and variety of endpoints within an enterprise continues to grow, new concerns have emerged over whether PKI can handle these new ecosystems without becoming a burden to manage. Recently announced, GlobalSign’s updated Automated Enrollment Gateway (AEG) delivers IT efficiency and cost savings by automating certificate lifecycle management in mixed enterprise environments. GlobalSign AEG is a fully automated and managed PKI solution that touches virtually every endpoint and centralizes all certificate activity across an enterprise.
In addition to learning about GlobalSign AEG, attendees can understand how to address the security needs of IoT environments. With an estimated 24 billion IoT devices expected to be online by 2020, the IoT is transforming our world at a rapid pace, enabling things like reduced energy consumption and better health monitoring. But this also creates new challenges for the security of devices and systems. When implementing an IoT solution or manufacturing a connected device, identity and security should be built in from the start. Strong device identity supported by PKI enables the fundamentals of IoT security: authentication, encryption and integrity.
GlobalSign executives will be speaking at three of the conference’s sessions. These include:
Strong Security Elements for IoT Manufacturing
- Date: Wednesday, March 15 from 10:15 – 10:40 a.m. GMT
- Presenter: Govind Yadav, Senior Sales Engineer EMEA, GlobalSign
- Location: Security of Things Theatre
- Topic Description: Typically, IoT products are on the development fast track and often more times than not, security is an afterthought. With the highly vulnerable nature of current IoT devices and the expected growth of the market, it is time for manufacturers to get serious about IoT security.
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. This session will address how assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices into their environment. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, consumer devices and manufacturing.
Addressing Cybersecurity Business Drivers through B2B and B2C Service Providers
- Date: Thursday, March 16 from 9:45 – 10:10 a.m. GMT
- Presenter: Mike Boyle, Partnership Manager, GlobalSign
- Location: Security Service Providers and Security Innovations Theatre
- Topic Description: With the growing trend for enterprises and consumers alike to become more security conscious, and with the need to ensure that their identities, transactions and data are secure, service providers today are faced with the growing requirement to build security into their service as standard.
Whether providing “X” as a service or a more traditional financial, telecommunication or utility focused service provider offering, the need for identity, encryption and digital signing is imperative. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, there are a number of factors at the forefront of driving this cybersecurity model, including legislation, industry and regulatory compliance. This session will highlight how GlobalSign’s PKI solutions for both B2B and B2C can facilitate compliance, differentiation and a competitive advantage.
Fully Automated, Scalable PKI Solutions for Mixed Enterprise Environments
- Date: Thursday, March 16 from 10:30 – 10:55 a.m. GMT
- Presenter: Govind Yadav, Senior Sales Engineer EMEA, GlobalSign
- Location: Security Keynote Theatre
- Topic Description: For years, enterprises have relied on PKI to secure communications and data, but as the number and variety of endpoints within an enterprise continues to grow, so have concerns over whether PKI can handle these new ecosystems without becoming a burden to manage. This session will provide an overview of GlobalSign’s latest automation technology, which removes these concerns, creating a fully automated, managed PKI solution that addresses both scalability and mixed enterprise environments.
Attendees can learn more at Cloud Security Expo by visiting GlobalSign at Stand 1240.
About GMO GlobalSign
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud-based service providers and IoT innovators around the world to conduct secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Everything (IoE). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
About GMO Cloud KK
GMO Cloud K.K. (TSE: 3788) is a full-service IT infrastructure provider focused on cloud solutions. Established as a hosting company in 1996, the company has managed servers for more than 130,000 businesses and now has 6,500 sales partners throughout Japan. In February of 2011, the company launched GMO Cloud to enhance its focus on cloud-based solutions. Since 2007, the company has also grown its GlobalSign SSL security brand through offices in Belgium, U.K., U.S., China and Singapore. For more information please visit http://ir.gmocloud.com/english/.
About GMO Internet Group
GMO Internet Group is an Internet services industry leader, developing and operating Japan’s most widely used domain, hosting & cloud, ecommerce, security, and payment solutions. The Group also comprises the world’s largest online FX trading platform, as well as online advertising, Internet media, and mobile entertainment products. GMO Internet, Inc. (TSE: 9449) is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. For more information please visit http://www.gmo.jp/en/.
Share this article
For further information on GlobalSign press releases,
events or for media enquires please contact: