Webinar - How to Solve the Elusive Zero-Touch Cloud Onboarding and the Provisioning of Certificate Identities at Scale for IoT Devices
A clear and present roadblock to deploying IoT at scale is secure onboarding and certificates-based identity lifecycle management for connected devices. An ideal solution is one that is secured end-to-end from edge to cloud and is seamless to deploy. Many companies have attempted variants of the so called zero-touch provisioning that might work well on pilot deployments but quickly encounter supply chain challenges with scale. The primary culprit is the attempt by a single domain expert to provide a solution that demands expertise from multiple domains.
This webinar outlines the multi-domain challenge with secure onboarding and certificates-based identity lifecycle management. Respective domain expertise is delivered by Infineon Technologies, GlobalSign, Eurotech and Microsoft in alliance to solve scalability challenges and create best practice security for any cloud, exemplified on Azure. Attendees will leave with a simple yet concise prescription on how to benefit from the solution.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Ease the complexity of embedding strong certificate identities in cloud connected device architectures
- Deploy standardized solutions with certificate based device identities (learn about iDevID, lDevID from IEEE standard 802.1_AR, certificate standards EST from RC7030, X.509)
- Use hardware anchored certificate identities to secure (I)IoT and Edge devices connecting to cloud service (learn about TCG standardized Trusted Platform Modules serving as anchors of trust to store certificates)
- Adopt seamless to deploy, pre-integrated device solutions embracing multi-domain security requirements
- Securely scale the (I)IoT and Edge device onboarding and the lifecycle management once cloud connected
There’s no question security must be a top priority for every business in 2021. Over the last year we learned many things about our resilience and ability to adapt. We also learned that cyber criminals will exploit any vulnerability for their gain and that any data breach can be devastating.
Saying it is one thing. Actually equipping your organization with the tools it needs to prepare for large-scale digitization while laying a strong security foundation that will serve long into the future is another altogether.
Hosts John Murray (VP Sales, Americas) and Sebastian Schulz (Regional Product Manager, EMEA) break down the security challenges facing real-life mid-size enterprises right now: How do you create a remote work environment for an organization of thousands? How do you secure the network, giving users digital credentials for proper authentication to systems and applications? How can you move internal processes securely to the cloud and transform your business quickly to adapt to the new normal?
In this 45-minute webinar, we’ll talk about how these real-world challenges can be addressed with the Swiss Army knife of security that is public key infrastructure (PKI), as well as:
- The impact that manual, unwieldy IT processes can have on every department in the organization – and how the switch to a more efficient solution can help you reach your business goals, faster
- Why automation is playing an increasingly important role in the IT team’s ability to tackle complex technical processes
- Ways you can keep IT agile and prepare for more change as we continue to reckon with the pandemic and experience a global push towards digital transformation
- How GlobalSign’s Auto Enrollment Gateway (AEG) can help you protect nearly every endpoint on your network, including mobile devices, internal servers, email, and more