GlobalSign’s multi-year SSL certificate plan lets you cover your SSL/TLS certificates for up to 5 years.
Since September 2020, publicly trusted SSL/TLS certificates can only have a maximum validity of 398 days, or they will not be trusted by modern browsers. This means that SSL/TLS certificates issued after that date will only be able to secure websites for just a year and a month. You will then have to purchase, install, and configure a new SSL/TLS annually. You will probably also have to go through requisition, price negotiation, invoice approval, order management, procurement, etc.
You might already be used to doing all these steps, but I’m sure you would welcome a way to skip most of these steps, especially the tedious management of stakeholders from different departments. With a multi-year SSL/TLS plan, you can! And with a hassle-free management solution that can track certificates and expiration, it can also help with automated renewals and installation.
Why this change is a good thing
Shorter validity time offers more security. Since keys will have a shorter lifespan, compromised or stolen keys will not be a long-term issue. Moreover, since certificate details and organizational information will be renewed annually, users know that the certificates are up to date.
The initial certificate will be valid for 397 days with unlimited certificate reissues during the order period. Certificate Authorities (CAs) like GlobalSign can also revalidate customer organizations and domains annually through the multi-year plan.
Essentially, a multi-year SSL/TLS certificate plan makes the process simpler without the need to purchase certificates every year.
Reasons to opt for a multi-year SSL/TLS certificate plan
- Long-term cost savings – will you only be managing your websites for a year? No? Then multi-year SSL/TLS plans save you more money and effort with their long-term discounts!
- Easier management with automation – combined with automation, your customers can minimize human error risks. Automation also minimizes the risk of expired certificates.
- Eliminates certificate downtime and lost keys – Since a multi-year SSL plan is a long-term plan, you no longer have to worry about your certificates expiring and losing revenue. Your certificate can be reissued automatically through our certificate management platform.
- More billing flexibility – locks prices for the next 3-5 years.
GlobalSign’s Multi-year SSL plans
GlobalSign offers a multi-year SSL/TLS certificate subscription to not only save you time but also money.
|3-Year Term||3-Year Term 5-Year Term|
|10% Discount||10% Discount Pay for only 4 years! Get the 5th year FREE!|
|FREE one-time domain name change|
*Terms and conditions apply. For select regions only.
GlobalSign’s SSL/TLS Certificate Features
With over 2.5 million issued SSL/TLS certificates, GlobalSign is a globally trusted CA and our SSL/TLS certificates are equipped with advanced features that competitors only offer as paid-for premium options:
- Secure hashing algorithm (SHA-256)
- Phone, email, and live chat support
- Free unlimited reissues
- GlobalSign Certificate Center and Atlas account for managing certificates
- Secure site seal
- Unlimited server license
- Compatible with all major browsers and mobile devices
- Certificate covers both www + non-www domains automatically
- Multi-domain certificates - Add up to 100 Subject Alternative Names (SANs) on one certificate
- Underwritten warranties
- RSA 2048+ or ECC 256, 384-bit keys supported
Long-term plan for long-term cost savings
Security requires constant vigilance and updates. A multi-year SSL/TLS plan with automation is vital to avoid certificate downtime and lost keys. GlobalSign is here to help you manage certificates with ease! Get in touch with us here or send us an email at email@example.com.